- Students of all nationalities can apply to take part in the JOSB.
- Students must be aged from 16.
- Students must study upper intermediate or advanced level of instrument
The JOSB is recruiting for:
| 2 Violoncel
Applicants must complete and submit the application formonline including:
- Personal details
- Brief CV specifying level and qualifications*
- Excerpt to be interpreted when auditioning
Auditions will be held in La Sedeta, C/ Sicília 321, Barcelona view mapa
After submitting the online application form, applicants will be sent an email with their scheduled audition date and time. On audition day they must present:
- Copy of Census certificate and certificate of residence or DNI.
- Copy of audition excerpt of your own choosing
Applicants will be evaluated on the basis of level, musicianship, tone quality, intonation, rhythmic accuracy and expressiveness, according to applicants’ age. Auditions will consist of two parts. In the first part applicants will be asked to interpret their chosen audition excerpt (concert, sonata, etc.) and it will last a maximum of 10 minutes.In the second part applicants will be asked to sight read.Those participants to perform their audition without piano accompaniment.
Within a week after auditions are finished, applicants will be notified of their application results via email. Successful applicants (including those aged 23) will be granted a two-year position in the JOSB.
Membership requires a six-monthly fee of 250 € every year.
Unsuccessful candidates may be contacted for future openings.